- This event has passed.
September 9, 2017 @ 3:00 pm
DH3# 1261, SCH3 #1062 – Annual Sin City & Dayton Red Dress Run
Please let us know you’re cumming by responding to the Facebook Event page
Hares: More Leggs & Porkless and possible mystery helpers.
Date: Saturday, September 9, 2017
Time: 3:00 – Registration and logistics
3:30 – Chalk Talk (DO NOT MISS!!)
3:50 – On Out
Cost: $10 plus $5 suggested donation to Seville After-School Running Club
Virgins: $5 plus any donation to Seville running club appreciated.
Across this wonderful world we call “Hash Nation”, it’s traditional to raise money during the Red Dress run for a special cause. The Dayton hashers have “adopted” an after-school running group founded by our own, “Slap Your Mamma”. Students (most of whom are from poor neighborhoods) who have never run or exercised before or even owned good athletic shoes, get the chance to participate in this club and to run the school’s own “competitive events” with live music, awards, and bib numbers. Several Dayton hashers have previously assisted with time and donations. Monetary donations from today’s Red Dress will help pay for snacks/drinks, attire, race day needs and other resources to support these future hashers.
Location: Pre-Lube and On-After
Dayton Beer Company (DBC), 41 Madison St., Dayton, OH, 45402
(at the intersection of Madison and 2nd Streets near downtown Dayton)
Long-time supporter of DH3 and home of the annual Dayton Beer Mile.
Description: There will be a Turkey (2 mile) and Eagle (4 mile) trail. Most hashers will want to walk and show off their fancy, thrift store red dress, but other wanks are welcome to run ahead to the next Beer Near and wait for the rest of the pack. This is a More Leggs/Porkless Shiggy level 4 so bring an extra red dress. Just kidding!! this is urban Shiggy level 1: all baby stroller friendly streets, but don’t bring your baby strollers, infants, children, or dogs.
- Extra Cash. Pre-Lube at DBC is on your own. There will be hash supported Beer Nears on trail, but also other opportunities to spend money while on trail.
- Patience. We will use the Pre-Lube time to “check in” hashers and explain upcoming logistics including “rules” and behavior when in the presence of muggles.
- Respect for our DBC hosts. Do not drink in the DBC parking lot. You put their liquor license at risk. As mentioned before, DBC loves the hash and telwe love DBC.
- Drinking vessels, whistles, wonderful attitude, and good weather.
- Need we mention your favorite red dresses?
1. Arrive at DBC at 3 or shortly after to register and receive special instructions.
2. Hash cash is $10.00; $5 for Virgins. Bring extra cash for our Seville running club charity and CASH ON TRAIL for extra drinking/eating opportunities.ppho
3. Bring a photo ID.
4. Bring a metal or plastic drinking vessel on trail. No glass, please.